Wednesday, June 29, 2011

HE is here!!!

It's a BOY!!! William Cornell Zimmerman (named after his two wonderful grandfathers, William is Paul's dad who goes by Bill and Cornell is mine) was born on Friday, June 24th at 6:04 pm. He weighed 8 lbs. 5 oz. and was 21 inches long.


Now let me back up a little...I went to my 40-week appointment and my doctor was as surprised to see me as I was to be there :-). I was dilated 5 cm and 95% effaced. Being that far along, having a 45-minute drive to the hospital and it being my second baby, she felt it was best to enduce me and she was going to be on-call on Friday. I went back and forth about it, but in the end decided she was right.



Unfortunately, my dad who had been here for 3 days and my mom who had been here for 10 both had to go home before Friday, but Paul's mom had flown in on Tuesday and was here to help with Kennedy. We couldn't believe my parents had to miss the birth...we had joked about it, but didn't really think it would happen!!



So, on Friday, they checked us into the hospital, got me ready...at a little after 3pm they broke my water and in less than 3 hours, little Will was in my arms! I had said I didn't feel boy or girl the whole pregnancy and I wouldn't be surprised either way, but both Paul and I were pretty shocked it was a boy! We were also surprised by how big he was...Kennedy was only 6 lbs. 12 oz., so he already felt much sturdier to us. We could not be happier with our bundle of joy...he is a wonderful baby and we are enjoying every minute with him. Kennedy is doing very well with him too...she loves him and kisses him all day long, but is having a hard time getting used to sharing mommy :-).




His first bath.



Kennedy watching the bath and checking out her new brother.



Our new family of 4!!


Grandma Sharon & Will



Going home from the hospital.



We bought Kennedy a baby doll that cries, takes a paci, has a stroller and all gear and decided to give it to her when we brought the baby home. She absolutely loved it!! It was a bigger hit than I thought it was going to be. She acts like a little mom.


3 Days Old



Uh-oh...good thing I caught her before it was too late :-).



Kennedy thought Will looked cold :-).

2 comments:

  1. Yea!!! Congratulations to you, Paul and Kennedy!! Little William is so precious! We are so happy for you guys and excited for you to watch your little ones grow up together! Love and hugs from CA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Congrats!!! You guys will have so much fun with a little boy.

    ReplyDelete