Monday, December 12, 2011

Thanksgiving (and a few before/after house pictures)

Last year we spent Thanksgiving by ourselves, just the 3 of us: Paul, Kennedy and myself. It was our first holiday away from home and it was VERY quiet and pretty sad. This year my mom, dad and sister Caitlin came out to Wisconsin and made it a MUCH happier holiday for us!! We had a wonderful time shopping, celebrating Thanksgiving and getting ready for Christmas! Since we are leaving for 10 days beginning December 23rd, I wanted to get our tree and decorations up as soon as possible. My mom and Caitlin helped make this happen...we went out into the trenches the day after Thanksgiving, fought the masses and bought a Christmas tree, some decorations and got to work. My mom has such a talent when it comes to decorating, I am so lucky that I had her help this year.

Thank you to my family for coming out this year! I want to make it an annual thing...Thanksgiving in Wisconsin, but Caitlin is not down :-).

While writing this post, I realized I haven't posted the "after" pictures of our Wisconsin house...I will post a few "before" pictures along with the ones from Thanksgiving, so you can at least see how the kitchen and living room have changed.

The kitchen before...April '09

The kitchen after...preparing the meal...

The table is set...

The living room before...April '09

The living room after...

Kennedy LOVED Thanksgiving and her big-girl place setting

Me & Will

Kennedy liked the butter by itself too...I can still remember doing that as a kid :-)

Opa & Will

Only got one shot of the Christmas tree (more to come...).

No comments:

Post a Comment