Sunday, June 17, 2012

Will Graduates From His DOC Band..

On May 25th, Will graduated from his DOC band...he's done, yay!! We were so happy to be finished with it; although it was a wonderful experience...I am definitely ready to get some better cuddle time with my little man and not have to smell his stinky little head :-).

For all of those moms out there who have come to this blog questioning whether or not you should put your child in a DOC band, do it!!! I was so, so, so anxious about putting Will in his. I knew it would definitely help change his head shape, but I wondered how having something like that on his head for 23 hours a day couldn't affect his brain development. I mean, I worried so much I lost sleep over this. I read numerous mom's blogs about their experiences and everything was beyond positive about it!! I also talked to Will's doctor about it and she reassured me their would be no negative effects from the band. I decided to proceed with putting it on and if I ever felt uncomfortable about it, we would end it. Well, once I saw the helmet on him and how loose it was, I immediately felt relieved; I now knew there was no way it could affect him in a negative way. The whole process was wonderful...we drove to Madison every week or every other week and they would shave out more and more of the foam liner as his head grew. He had great improvement over the 10 weeks he had it on and we couldn't be more happy with his little round head :-).

Will and his Physical Therapist, Cathy

with his proud sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment